Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Picks

I actually saw a good percentage of the Oscar movies this year, although I see now that I have not seen many of the acting favorites. But since my Oscar companion insists in writing in Gran Torino for Best Director, I may win this thing!

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire (I quite liked this movie)
Best Director: Danny Boyle, Slumdog
Best Actor: Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler (have not seen)
Best Actress: Kate Winslet, The Reader (have unfortunately not seen, but did not care for Doubt)
Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight (I will always love him)
Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona (have not seen, since apparently Netflix is only sending it to other people)
Foreign Language: Waltz with Bashir (dying to see, but I live here)
Documentary: Man on Wire (boyfriend picked this movie because it is confusing and has lots of music)
Original Screenplay: WALL-E
Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog
Art Direction: Dark Knight
Cinematography: Dark Knight
Costume Design: The Duchess (always go with the most over the top)
Score: Slumdog Millionaire (do people like Bollywood music?)
Song: Jai Ho, Slumdog (I do like a song and dance number)
Animated Film: WALL-E
Documentary Short: The Witness (I have nothing here)
Editing: Dark Knight
Makeup: Benjamin Button (again, over the top)
Animated Short: Presto
Live-Action Short: New Boy
Sound Editing: Dark Knight
Sound Mixing: Dark Knight
Visual Effects: Benjamin Button (did this movie make other people miss Brad Pitt circa Legends of the Fall as much as it did me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment