- Easy-to-follow: Yes. I struggle (a lot) with math, and I can do it. And since I can eat anything, I haven't had a problem being hungry or craving a food so badly I can't stand it. I thought I would be hungry all the time, but I'm not. And when I am hungry, I eat something. I am definitely eating less, but that's the point.
- Effective: I think so. I've lost just over 14 pounds since the beginning of April (one more pound and I get a sticker). Some weeks are better than others, but I can usually pinpoint the results to what I have or have not done during the week.
- Cost: I think that is part of what motivates me. I do the at-work program, so it costs a little more, but if spending money is what it takes me to stay motivated I think it's worth it. The branded foods add up quickly, but I don't buy them.
- Nutritional value: It encourages fruits, veggies, whole grain, lean protein and dairy. Lots of water. Good oils. Hard to argue with that. The branded foods have a lot of unpronouncable ingredients, which is another reason I don't buy them - I find similar products in the store to be cheaper and better for you.
- Meetings: I like them. I happen to like cheering for other people and getting stickers and sharing and learning a little lesson. I know that's not for everyone, but it works for me.
- Overall life effect: When I said I was going to join, Boyfriend said I shouldn't tell anyone. My reply is that people can see I'm fat, so I don't have a problem with them knowing that I'm working on that. And doing it at work means I have a support system there I can rely on. And he's come around now that he knows we can eat in restaurants and cook good meals and even bake dessert. I think more about what I'm eating, but it hasn't made life sad or dreary or dull. I go out, I have a drink on occasion, I have dessert on many occasions (just not as much of it). It's all good.
Overall, so far no complaints with Weight Watchers. My latest goal is to lose 20 pounds (total) before family reunion in June. I don't see this side of the family often, so that would feel good. And I think that's pretty realistic. Further updates as events warrant.