Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Whoa - I Need to Pay More Attention

In my Internet travels recently, I found this article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29603119/. The title of the article is "Your Cell Phone Costs You $3.02 per Minute." The title basically sums the thing up.

I just paid the phone bill (Boyfriend and I share a plan and alternate paying). We aren't big phone talkers, especially during the day, so we get tons of rollover minutes every month. And we're really not big texters, so we usually only pay like a buck or two in extra charges.

Anyway, the bill was $71. I don't have the actual bill in front of me, but I think we used about 200 minutes. So I don't think we pay $3 per minute, but it got me thinking: are there other things we pay too much for? I pay Charter $50 per month for Internet, which is apparently the price of a bundle. I've asked at least once if a lower rate is available and they said no ... maybe I should ask again. I have some food I bought pre-the new diet plan, which I may now not eat. I keep my thermostat pretty low to save on electricity.

But now I'll remember to look at things more closely. I would not like to pay 30 times the cost of a landline for my phone. Or anything else for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment