Monday, March 2, 2009

Will It Really Be Easier?

It is now March. Early March. And I live in Minnesota, which means we got a blizzard last week and may or may not get another one soon.

The thing about blizzards is that they come with cold and slipperiness and bitter cold winds. So I've been inside a lot. And I don't care for workout videos or inside workout equipment I have at my apartment. Fortunately I have access to a free gym, otherwise I would just sit around and become a blimp all winter.

And I tell myself that I will naturally lose weight in the summer and I will be outside exercising. Too easy an excuse? I love my bike (I miss it now), but I tend to peter off on riding it as the cold starts to come. I frequent the farmers' market, which fortunately is near my casa.

So will I lose weight in the summer? Time will tell ... but I suspect I will have to work at it. Which is a bummer, but I can do it! I ran on the treadmill today -- maybe I will get over my hateration of running and start doing that this summer.

But there's no reason I can't start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment