- Write/edit/proofread. This is my current full-time gig, and it can be done from home. I know there's at least some freelance work of this type out there ... I just need to find it.
- General office work. Microsoft Word is basically my bitch, I'm fluent with the other Office products, and I can file and organize with the best of them. It seems like there must be situations out there where I can do this type of work from home ... or during the hours baby is home with Daddy or in an environment where baby could be in a playpen.
- Take surveys. I have opinions. I can share them. I know there is only a small amount of money in this, but it's better than nothing.
- Knit. I admit this would take a little practice, but I've done it before and I can do it again. Fast enough to make plenty of money? Dunno.
- Give plasma. I honestly don't mind doing this, contrary to the stigma it sometimes gets. (I'm not sure how long I have to wait after baby to do this.)
- Baby-sit. But I don't see myself doing this full time. Also house-sit or dog-sit.
- Run errands. Plop the kid in the car seat and go to it.
- Answer phones. I used to be an inbound telemarketer. I have a good phone voice, and I can read scripts smoothly.
And I'm sure there are other things. At this point I'm considering anything that can be done from home, in an environment where baby can hang out, or during the hours hubby is home (which is until noon most days).