- Pros: Stable, I know I can do it, doesn't require any change.
- Cons: With the commute, I'm gone for 12 hours a day. And I really, really don't want to do this.
Option 2: Find another job closer to home.
- Pros: Nice short commute is more conducive to being a working mom. Stable income. Gives me time to be away from the kid.
- Cons: I don't actually have this job. And the job market around here is not fantastic.
Option 3: Stay home with the kid. (Note: Just not working is not actually an option for me. So it's a work-at-home scenario.
- Pros: Plenty of time with the kid. No daycare costs. Time to bake artisan bread and hang my clothes on the line and do indie stuff. The more I think about it, the more I want to do this.
- Cons: I would need to cobble together a fairly significant income, which would be a lot of work. I may get bored/lonely/fat if I am home all day. Loss of insurance/retirement benefits. Hole in my resume.
Help, reader(s). I am leaning toward 3, but I'm pretty risk-averse. And part of me fears that I like the idea of staying home more than I would actually like staying home. I know there's plenty of money out there, but I would need to pretty consistently hustle for it. I may have a few part-time opportunities in the wings, but no sure things. And I like sure things.