Sunday, October 31, 2010

Best of the Worst

I do my civic duty and vote. And I am responsible enough to be an informed voter and know which issues matter to me and which candidates best represent me. I read a lot, I talk to others, I listen.

But usually I wish there were more options. Or maybe not more, but better. I often end up voting something close to a straight party ticket, which I feel is a bit of a cop-out. Do I think that party is always best? Yes. No. Yes.

Best of the other options on the ballet? Yes.

100% right all the time? No. Not at all.

Lesser of the two evils (and I am aware that there are in fact more than two options, but realistically we live in a two-party country). Yes.

Still. I wish politics was less often taken over by politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment