Thursday, August 21, 2014

Poor Puppy

I've never been a dog person. Meaning, I think they should be treated humanely, and I think pets should have loving homes, but I don't feel like that home is with me. 

About two weeks ago, my in-laws dropped their dog off at our house so they could enjoy their Alaskan cruise. They told me beforehand that the dog had a heart condition and might not make it. I wrote it off. And joked about it. 

And then the dog died last night. The night before he was supposed to go home. 

And I have no idea how to process this. If it hadn't happened at my house, I honestly don't think the dog's death would have much of an impact on me. And I realize there is nothing we did to cause it. The dog died peacefully in his sleep after having a treat before bed. But I feel guilty. And bad. 

The dog's owners have been notified and his remains are buried. And I guess I move on? I found a way to explain the Circle of Life to Hailey (I think). And I keep on keepin' on. 

RIP, Oskar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment